A glimpse of what’s been going on this week:
- One of the 2013 recruits the Gophers are going after hard, Nigel Hayes, just completed his final planned official visit at Ohio State this weekend. Hayes has taken four, total: Wisconsin, Minnesota, Stanford and Ohio State, which he has said represents his short list.
- Alex Foster visited Auburn over the weekend. He will head to Tennessee tomorrow.
- Power 2014 recruits Tyus Jones and Jahlil Okafor have said they will be unofficially visiting Duke together this weekend and attending the Blue Devils’ Midnight Madness.
- Nothing new: 2014 star recruit Rashad Vaughn picked up another offer according to Rivals’ Ryan James: from N.C. State. This makes 23 offers for him. Jerry Meyer, from 247sports.com said Tennessee was around to watch Vaughn last Thursday.
- Local recruits Henry Ellenson (Rice Lake, Wisc., 2015) and Amir Coffey (Hopkins, 2016) were invited to USA’s mini-camp at the U.S. Olympic training Center and the pair have been receiving high praise by those who have watched.
- James reported that Minnesota (10/3) and Purdue (10/4) were in gym to watch Ellenson this week.
- FoxSportsNEXT.com (formerly Scout.com) reported that Chris Perry, a recruit whom the Gophers had their eye on (but hadn’t offered) committed to South Florida last week.
- Rumor is Oregon and Kansas will be in Grand Rapids to watch 2015 recruit Alex Illikainen today.
- Sterling Brown, a 2013 guard the Gophers have offered, will be visiting Missouri this weekend.
More from Star Tribune
More from Gold in the Barn
Gophers coach Marlene Stollings received a commitment Thursday from Michigan guard Deja Church
Point guard Jalen Suggs became the first in-state freshman guard to receive a scholarship offer from the University of Minnesota since Tyus Jones in 2011.
The Patrick School senior guard Jamir Harris became the second member of the Gophers 2017 recruiting class on Wednesday
Gophers basketball coach Richard Pitino and assistant Kimani Young were in New Jersey on Tuesday to see the Patrick School's Jamir Harris
Commonwealth Academy (Mass.) power forward Hasahn French, who is from Middletown, N.Y., visits the Gophers on Friday
Recommended For You
A defensive Donald Trump gave Hillary Clinton plenty of fresh material for the next phase of her presidential campaign on Tuesday, choosing to publicly reopen and relitigate some her most damaging attacks.
Longtime customers of Target's pharmacies are finding a change in pill bottle design hard to swallow. After CVS began operating Target's drugstores earlier this year,…
Those who know Derek Falvey say he embraces statistical analysis, but also understands that there is room for old-school approaches to talent evaluation.
The Twins haven't scored more than one run in an inning in two weeks and moved within one loss of tying their single-season record for losses.
Wells Fargo says CEO John Stumpf and the executive who ran the bank's retail banking division will forfeit tens of millions of dollars in pay as the bank tries to stem a scandal over its sales practices.