A glimpse of what’s been going on this week:
- One of the 2013 recruits the Gophers are going after hard, Nigel Hayes, just completed his final planned official visit at Ohio State this weekend. Hayes has taken four, total: Wisconsin, Minnesota, Stanford and Ohio State, which he has said represents his short list.
- Alex Foster visited Auburn over the weekend. He will head to Tennessee tomorrow.
- Power 2014 recruits Tyus Jones and Jahlil Okafor have said they will be unofficially visiting Duke together this weekend and attending the Blue Devils’ Midnight Madness.
- Nothing new: 2014 star recruit Rashad Vaughn picked up another offer according to Rivals’ Ryan James: from N.C. State. This makes 23 offers for him. Jerry Meyer, from 247sports.com said Tennessee was around to watch Vaughn last Thursday.
- Local recruits Henry Ellenson (Rice Lake, Wisc., 2015) and Amir Coffey (Hopkins, 2016) were invited to USA’s mini-camp at the U.S. Olympic training Center and the pair have been receiving high praise by those who have watched.
- James reported that Minnesota (10/3) and Purdue (10/4) were in gym to watch Ellenson this week.
- FoxSportsNEXT.com (formerly Scout.com) reported that Chris Perry, a recruit whom the Gophers had their eye on (but hadn’t offered) committed to South Florida last week.
- Rumor is Oregon and Kansas will be in Grand Rapids to watch 2015 recruit Alex Illikainen today.
- Sterling Brown, a 2013 guard the Gophers have offered, will be visiting Missouri this weekend.
More from Star Tribune
More From Gold in the Barn
Gophers target and DeLaSalle senior guard Gabe Kalscheur is announcing his college decision on Tuesday night
Daniel Oturu and Jarvis Thomas, the first two commits in the Gophers' 2018 recruiting class, have the potential to be a great frontcourt at the U.
Orono's Jarvis Thomas could pick the Gophers when announcing his decision Tuesday, especially after Armstrong PF Race Thompson picked Indiana on Sunday.
Orono's explosive senior PF Jarvis Thomas could pick the Gophers when announcing his decision Tuesday night.
Gophers target and Armstrong senior forward Race Thompson says he could make a decision after the AAU season ends for D1 Minnesota