Eden Prairie upsets ’Tonka
• EDEN PRAIRIE 3, MINNETONKA 2: The Eagles, ranked No. 6 in Class 2A, opened a 3-0 lead in the first period and held on for the victory over the No. 1-ranked Skippers on Tuesday night. Minnetonka scored twice in the second period to pull within 3-2. Eden Prairie goalie Whitney Padgett had 33 saves as the Eagles clinched the Lake Conference title. Minnetonka outshot the Eagles 35-22. The Skippers beat the Eagles 2-1 in overtime on Jan. 11.
• WAYZATA 3, EDINA 2 (OT): Sophia Shaver’s goal at 1:21 of the overtime lifted the Trojans, ranked No. 7 in Class 2A, past the No. 3 Hornets. Edina had scored twice in the third period, including once on a power-play goal by Jackie Pieper with 40 seconds left, to tie the score at 2-2. Hannah Bangen had a goal and two assists for Wayzata.
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 3, BRECK 0: Heidi Winiecki had two goals and an assist and Abby Cooper made 27 saves to lead the Panthers, ranked No. 9 in Class 2A, past the Mustangs.
Burnsville shuts out Eagan
• BURNSVILLE 1, EAGAN 0: Zane Wagner’s goal with 5:06 remaining in the third period lifted the Blaze, ranked No. 5 in Class 2A, to the South Suburban Conference victory over the Wildcats. It was Wagner’s second goal of the season. Dyllan Lubbesmeyer had 30 saves in the shutout for the Blaze.
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 7, BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 1: Ian Klotz scored three goals to lead the Panthers, ranked No. 3 in Class 2A, over the Jaguars in the South Suburban. Klotz scored twice in a 32-second span in the third period for Lakeville North.
1-2 scoring punch leads CDH
• CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 95, WHITE BEAR LAKE 75: Sam Neumann scored 34 points and Joe Rosga 28 to lead the Raiders, ranked No. 8 in Class 4A, to their sixth consecutive victory. Tanner Hinck scored 27 for the Bears.
• APPLE VALLEY 104, LAKEVILLE SOUTH 61: Tyus Jones made a school-record nine three-pointers and scored 31 points to highlight the victory for the Eagles, the top-ranked team in Class 4A. Brock Bertram added 13 points and 10 rebounds for the Eagles.
• EDINA 71, WAYZATA 60: Freshman guard Walt McGrory scored 28 points to help the Hornets hold off the Trojans.
• HOPKINS 95, MINNETONKA 82: Sophomore Amir Coffey scored 24 points to lead the Royals, ranked No. 2 in Class 4A, past the No. 10 Skippers. Coffey was 9-for-9 on free throws as the Royals made 30 of 37 free throw attempts.
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 78, BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 71: J.P. Macura, the leading scorer in the metro area, scored 35 points to help the Panthers, ranked No. 6 in Class 4A, defeat the Eagles. Dejon Davis scored 36 points to lead the Eagles.
• BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 89, LAKEVILLE NORTH 69: Kenisha Bell had 27 points, nine assists and seven rebounds and Lashayla Wright-Ponder had 20 points, 15 rebounds and five blocks to lead the Eagles, ranked No. 8 in Class 4A, past the Panthers.
• EASTVIEW 77, BURNSVILLE 38: Kari Opatz scored 20 points to help the Lightning, ranked No. 1 in Class 4A, improve to 17-0. Eastview made 10 three-pointers and 20 of 21 free throw attempts.
• HOPKINS 74, MINNETONKA 45: The Royals, ranked No. 2 in Class 4A, outscored the No. 4 Skippers 37-21 in the second half to pull away for their 10th consecutive victory. Sophomore Nia Hollie scored 26 points to lead the Royals.