Sequence of events
- Near the end of the workday, Engeldinger was asked to come to a meeting in the office of John Souter. Prior to going to Souter’s office, Engeldinger left the building, went to his car, and then returned to meet with John Souter and Rami Cooks.
- Engeldinger was informed that his employment was terminated and he was given his final paycheck.
- Engeldinger pulled out a gun and a struggled ensued between the men over the gun.
- Souter and Cooks were shot inside Souter’s office.
- Engeldinger dropped a partially loaded magazine during the struggle. He reloaded and stepped out of Souter’s office.
- Reuven Rahamin stepped out of his office which is adjacent to Souter’s office.
- Engeldinger shot Rahamin. With the gun in his hand, Engeldinger walked east in the building away from the executive offices, through double doors and into the space for sale’s staff cubicles and sign displays.
- Engeldinger shot Jacob Beneke in the display area.
- With the gun in his hand, Engeldinger walked east in the building through another set of double doors into the loading dock area.
- In the loading dock area, Engeldinger shot Ron Edberg. He then turned a shot UPS driver Keith Basinski who was standing in his truck at the loading dock’s edge.
- Engeldinger walked east through large sliding doors from the loading dock into the production area.
- Just on the other side of the doors, Engeldinger encountered two employees. He fired shots at them grazing one and hitting the other, Eric Rivers.
- Engeldinger turned around and walked back the way he came toward the loading dock and the western portions of the building including the stairway to the basement.
- Unwitnessed, Engeldinger walked downstairs into the basement where he took his own life. His body was located there by MPD officers. With him was the Glock 9mm.
Victims in chronological order
- John Souter was shot in his office in the northwest area of the building. He transported to HCMC where he is being treated.
- Rami Cooks was shot in Souter’s office. He was transported to HCMC where he died.
- Reuven Rahamin was shot outside the door to his office in the northwest area of the building. He died at the scene.
- Jacob Beneke was shot in the sales/display are of the building. He died at the scene.
- Ron Edberg was shot in the loading dock. He died at the scene.
- Keith Basinski (UPS) was shot is the loading dock. He died at the scene.
- Eric Rivers was shot in the production area at the eastern end of the building. He transported to HCMC where he is being treated.
- BW was grazed by a bullet in the production area. He was transported to HCMC where he was treated for a graze wound and released.
Source: Minneapolis Police Department
More from Star Tribune
More From Local
The Minneapolis police officers involved in the November 2015 fatal shooting of Jamar Clark did not violate department policies and will not face discipline, according to Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau.
Driver broke into house to escape but was found by a K-9 search team.
Nearly 34,000 Wisconsin students have enrolled in the state's voucher school subsidy program this year.
Wisconsin's utility regulator is planning to spend more money on energy projects in rural areas, including a plan to help underwrite the use of systems that convert cattle manure into electricity.
Minneapolis police planned to give an update Friday on an investigation tied to the fatal police shooting of a black man last year that sparked weeks of protests and resulted in no criminal charges being filed against the officers involved.