1. Ohio State (2-0): Last Oklahoma showdown: 1983. Earle Bruce topped Barry Switzer 24-14 in Norman.
2. Michigan (2-0): Beat Colorado 27-23 in 1997, but who could forget Kordell Stewart’s “Miracle at Michigan” in 1994?
3. Wisconsin (2-0): Corey Clement will try shaking his ankle injury quickly, given his durability questions for NFL.
4. Iowa (2-0): The Hawkeyes haven’t played North Dakota State since 1947. The Bison should be a tough test.
5. Nebraska (2-0): Heading into Oregon showdown, the Cornhuskers have committed one turnover after committing 27 last year.
6. Michigan State (1-0): The Spartans have had some great battles with Notre Dame, last beating the Irish in 2010.
7. Gophers (2-0): Rank 31st in nation in rushing defense, allowing 99 yards per game, down from 166 last year.
8. Penn State (1-1): After Pitt loss, Nittany Lions won’s sleep on Temple, which sacked them 10 times last year.
9. Indiana (2-0): The Hoosiers have reeled off eight consecutive regular-season nonconference victories.
10. Maryland (2-0): After pounding Howard and Florida International, Terps will keep riding easy early schedule vs. Central Florida and Purdue.
11. Illinois (1-1): Illini sold out Memorial Stadium for the first time since 2011, only to lose by 25 against UNC.
12. Rutgers (1-1): This team might not be good, but Janarion Grant has four kickoff return TDs in past 14 games.
13. Purdue (1-1): David Blough tossed five interceptions vs. Cincinnati, two went off receivers’ hands.
14. Northwestern (0-2): Momentum from 10-win season gone after losses to Western Michigan and Eastern Illinois.