1. THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE, by Neil Gaiman. (Morrow/HarperCollins.) A middle-aged man recalls his lonely childhood and his friendship with a remarkable girl.
2. INFERNO, by Dan Brown. (Doubleday.) On the run in Florence, symbologist Robert Langdon must decipher a series of codes created by a Dante-loving scientist.
3. AND THE MOUNTAINS ECHOED, by Khaled Hosseini. (Riverhead.) A multigenerational family saga centers on a brother and sister born in Afghanistan; from the author of “The Kite Runner.”
4. BAD MONKEY, by Carl Hiaasen. (Knopf.) A defrocked Miami cop turned restaurant inspector investigates a grisly murder.
5. THE HEIST, by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg. (Bantam.) In the first book of a new series, Kate O’Hare, an FBI special agent, teams up with Nicolas Fox, a handsome con man, to catch a corrupt investment banker in hiding.
6. THE SILVER STAR, by Jeannette Walls. (Scribner.) When their irresponsible mother takes off, a 12-year-old California girl and her sister join the rest of their family in Virginia.
7. THE 9TH GIRL, by Tami Hoag. (Dutton.) Two Minneapolis detectives try to discover the identity of the city’s ninth unidentified female murder victim of the year.
8 . THE LAST ORIGINAL WIFE, by Dorothea Benton Frank. (Morrow/HarperCollins.) An Atlanta woman returns to her hometown, Charleston, S.C., to reassess her life.
9. REVENGE WEARS PRADA, by Lauren Weisberger. (Simon & Schuster.) Andrea Sachs is now running a bridal magazine.
10. THE EYE OF MOLOCH, by Glenn Beck with Jack Henderson. (Threshold Editions/Mercury Radio Arts.) Continuing the fight to save America begun in “The Overton Window.”
1. HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, by Phil Robertson with Mark Schlabach. (Howard Books.) The Duck Commander pays tribute to “faith, family and ducks.”
2. LEAN IN, by Sheryl Sandberg with Nell Scovell. (Knopf.) The chief operating officer of Facebook urges women to pursue their careers without ambivalence.
3. DAD IS FAT, by Jim Gaffigan. (Crown Archetype.) Life with five kids in a two-bedroom New York City apartment.
4. ELEVEN RINGS, by Phil Jackson and Hugh Delehanty. (Penguin Press.) An autobiography by the coach who led the Chicago Bulls and the Los Angeles Lakers to multiple NBA championships.
5 . LET’S EXPLORE DIABETES WITH OWLS, by David Sedaris. (Little, Brown.) Essays from the humorist on subjects like French dentistry and a North Carolina Costco.
6. AMERICAN GUN, by Chris Kyle with William Doyle. (Morrow/HarperCollins.) Kyle, a former member of the Navy SEALs who was shot to death in Texas in February, tells how 10 firearms changed U.S. history.
7. DARWIN’S DOUBT, by Stephen C. Meyer. (HarperOne.) The theory of intelligent design best explains the appearance of animals in the fossil record without apparent ancestors.
8. KILLING KENNEDY, by Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard. (Holt.) The host of “The O’Reilly Factor” recounts the events surrounding the assassination of John F. Kennedy.
9 . THE UNWINDING, by George Packer. (Farrar, Straus & Giroux.) The collapse of U.S. institutions, politics and culture and their replacement by organized money.
10. THE GUNS AT LAST LIGHT, by Rick Atkinson. (Holt.) The final volume of the Liberation Trilogy describes the Allied victory in Europe, from D-Day to the German surrender.
ADVICE, HOW-TO AND MISCELLANEOUS
1. THE 100, by Jorge Cruise. (Morrow/HarperCollins.) A four-week, low-sugar weight-loss plan.
2. EAT TO LIVE, by Joel Fuhrman. (Little, Brown & Co.) A plan for achieving fast and sustained weight loss.
3. THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES, by Gary Chapman. (Northfield.) How to communicate love in a way a spouse will understand.
4. LIFE CODE, by Phil McGraw. (Bird Street.) How to “win in the real world,” regardless of people who try to exploit you.
5. LOYALTY 3.0, by Rajat Paharia. (McGraw-Hill.) Guidance for building and sustaining customer engagement. (b)
Rankings reflect sales at venues nationwide for the week ending June 22. An (x) indicates that a book’s sales are barely distinguishable from those of the book above. A (b) indicates that some sellers report receiving bulk orders.