• The average knitter or crocheter completes 17.3 projects each year.
• Nationwide sales of fashion yarn, with its chunky textures and metallics, rose 56 percent from 2004 to 2005.
• The number of women ages 25-34 who knit or crochet grew by 150 percent from 2002 to 2004, to 6.5 million.
• 55 percent of knitters make at least one afghan a year.
• 24 percent get project ideas from friends.
• 31 percent use the Internet in their knitting.
•36 percent of U.S. women know how to knit or crochet; 13 percent can do both.
From the Craft Yarn Council of America's 2005 consumer tracking study.