The 50-point club
Wolves forward Corey Brewer scored 27 of his franchise record-tying 51 points on the fast break in Friday’s 112-110 home victory over Houston. That’s the most by any NBA player in the StatsCube database kept for the past 18 years. Here’s the top six:
Corey Brewer, Wolves:
27 vs. Houston, April 11, 2014
Tracy McGrady, Orlando:
25 at Indiana, Jan. 6, 2004
Jerry Stackhouse, Detroit:
25 at Chicago, April 3, 2001
John Wall, Washington:
21 vs. Indiana, April 6, 2013
Mike Miller, Memphis:
21 at Atlanta, March 9, 2007
Stephen Jackson, Atlanta:
21 vs. Washington, March 12, 2004
brewer is is also …
• The third player on the current Wolves roster to have scored 50 points in a game, with Kevin Martin and Kevin Love. Brewer and Love now share the franchise’s single-game scoring record, but Love needed two OTs to do it at Oklahoma City in March 2012.
• The fourth NBA player to score 50 or more points and get six or more steals, joining Allen Iverson, Michael Jordan and Rick Barry, according to Elias Sports Bureau.
• The fifth NBA player this season to score 50 or more points. The others: Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James, Terrence Ross and Kevin Durant (twice).
• The first player since Baron Davis in 2003 to record four steals in four consecutive games. Davis did so in seven straight.
• The first Wolves player to score 26 points in a first half since Michael Beasley scored 27 on his way to a 42-point night at Sacramento on Nov. 10, 2010.