Lakewood Memorial Chapel, 1910
Minneapolis architect Harry Wild Jones designed the chapel in the Byzantine style. The interior, by Charles Lamb of New York. has been called the nation's most perfect example of Byzantine mosaic.
Memorial Community Mausoleum and Columbarium, 1967
The symmetrical monument of Minnesota granite, steel and bronze was designed by the Detroit firm Harley Ellington Corwin and Stirton. The interior features Impressionist paintings as well as 24 stained-glass windows by the Willet studios in Philadelphia.
The arched granite monument honors frontier agent and state Rep. Abram Fridley (1817-1888).
Flour Mill Explosion Memorial
The 1885 obelisk recognizes the 18 workers killed in the Washburn "A" Mill explosion of 1878, one of the city's worst disasters.
Lakewood's largest monument, a replica of the Parthenon in Athens, holds members of the Goodrich and Lowry families. Thomas Lowry, who died in 1909, and Dr. Calvin Goodrich, who died in 1915, were Lakewood founders.