• How do the Cardinals and Orioles get competitive balance picks and the Cubs do not?
• Colby Lewis and others should understand that, once in a while, a hitter is going to try to beat the shift with a bunt. Isn’t that better than giving up a home run?
• The Red Sox are the most disappointing team in the league right now. Many of the moves that worked last season have fizzled this season.
And two predictions
• New prediction for Trevor May’s Twins debut: Aug. 14.
• The Rays will hold onto ace lefthander David Price and make a run at the postseason.