The 3-2 pitch
Three observations ...
• Detroit’s Nick Castellanos is the latest example of how some prospects take longer than others to realize their potential. He’s only 24 years old but has more than 1,100 at-bats.
• Houston must already regret sending Vince Velasquez, an impressive 23-year-old righthander, as part of a package to Philly for reliever Ken Giles.
• Any future Star Wars tributes at MLB parks should never include Jar Jar Binks, the worst character in the history of the series.
... and two predictions
• Look for at least two Nationals starters to fade down the stretch because of their workload during the first half of the season.
• The Rangers will be in first place in the AL West by the end of the month.