Megabus has delayed its inaugural departure from St. Paul's Union Depot by a day due to inclement weather, company officials said.

The first bus will depart at 7:15 a.m. Thursday.

Here is the initial post announcing the move from St. Paul's Midway Shopping Center to Union Depot.

Megabus, the popular low-cost city-to-city express bus company, is moving its St. Paul bus stop to Union Depot in downtown St. Paul. Service will begin on Wednesday.

The stop at the Midway Shopping Center parking lot at Pascal St. N and St. Anthony Avenue will be discontinued, company officials said.

By moving to Union Depot, 214 E. 4th Street, customers will have an indoor waiting room with free Wi-Fi service, access to restrooms, vending machines, bicycle racks, charging stations for electronic vehicles and 24-hour security.

"We are pleased to offer a more convenient, sheltered location in St. Paul for customers departing or arriving to the area," said Mike Alvich, Megabus' vice president of marketing and public relations.

Megabus offers service from St. Paul to Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago with fares as low as $1.

Last year, Megabus moved its Minneapolis stop from 3rd Street and Chicago Avenue near the Metrodome to  Ramp C at 318 3rd Avenue N., which is located between Washington Avenue and Target Field. There will be no changes to service in Minneapolis.

Along with Megabus, Jefferson Lines, Greyhound, Metro Transit and the Minnesota Valley Transit Authority also provide bus service to and from Union Depot.

Amtrak also serves Union Depot. Starting in June, Metro Transit's Green Line light-rail trains will stop there.

Originally built in the 1920s, Union Depot was once a transportation hub in St. Paul. At its peak, nearly 300 trains and more than 20,000 people passed through Union Depot each day. The last passenger train left Union Depot in 1971 and the facility sat largely forlorn for years.

An ambitious remodeling project restored the building to its former grandeur and into the epicenter of transportation in St. Paul.

Older Post

9 a.m. update: Rush hour wrap up

Newer Post

In Italy, Twitter is new weapon in illegal parking crackdown