Three observations …
• For as many months upon months that teams, media and draftnik snake-oil sales … er … gurus spend breaking down the NFL draft, how in the world does a Russell Wilson fall to the third round?
• Chiefs QB Alex Smith says he has “no idea” what a “game manager” is. Come to think of it, neither do we, since that really describes every quarterback. But if Alex is one of them, it must be a good thing.
• Denver coach John Fox was right. Jim Irsay’s comment about the Colts wanting more Lombardi Trophies than stats was a cheap shot at Peyton Manning. Manning carried more than a decade’s worth of Colts teams that were riddled with holes.
Two predictions …
• Manning throws for 400 yards and four TDs as the Broncos overwhelm the Colts.
• Manning’s younger brother stays six games behind big bro, improving to 1-6 with a home win over the Vikings on MNF.