LAMB CHOPS WITH OLIVE COUSCOUS
Note: From "Cooking Light Mix & Match Low-Calorie Cookbook."
• 1 tbsp. dried oregano
• 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 tsp. black pepper
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 8 (4-oz.) lamb loin chops, trimmed
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• Cooking spray
• 1 (14-oz.) can fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
• 1 c. uncooked couscous
• 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/4 c. chopped pitted kalamata olives
• 3 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
Preheat broiler. Combine oregano, olive oil, pepper and garlic; set aside.
Sprinkle lamb with salt; rub with 1 tablespoon oil mixture. Place lamb on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 minutes on each side or until done.
While lamb cooks, heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add remaining oil mixture; cook 20 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in broth; bring to a boil.
Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Stir in tomatoes, olives and cheese. Serve couscous mixture with lamb.