Los Angeles fired coach Mike Brown on Friday after a 1-4 start. Interim coach Bernie Bickerstaff led the Lakers to a blowout of Golden State later that night, and the Lakers said Bickerstaff will coach against Sacramento on Sunday.
Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard have voiced their interest in playing for Jackson, and the legendary coach's return to the 16-time champion franchise seems probable as long as Jackson, 67, decides he's up to another stint with a team that won five titles in his 11 seasons on its bench.
• SAN ANTONIO 112, PORTLAND 109: Gary Neal had 27 points for the Spurs, and Manu Ginobili hit two big free throws in the final seconds as the Spurs beat the host Trail Blazers, who lost despite a career-high 33 points by Nicolas Batum.
• CHARLOTTE 101, DALLAS 97 (OT): Rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist had 25 points and 12 rebounds as the host Bobcats ended a 16-game losing streak against the Mavericks.
• BOSTON 96, MILWAUKEE 92: Paul Pierce scored 25 points and Kevin Garnett 18 as the visiting Celtics came back to beat the Bucks. Monta Ellis scored 32 points for Milwaukee.
• UTAH 91, PHOENIX 84: Al Jefferson had 27 points and 14 rebounds to lead the Jazz over the Suns in Salt Lake City.
• INDIANA 89, WASHINGTON 85: Paul George had 20 points as the host Pacers ended a three-game losing streak.
• PHILADELPHIA 93, TORONTO 83: The 76ers earned their first three-game road winning streak since 2003.