Good morning, commuters!
The Minnesota Department of Transportation promised to carry through with the plan to reduce the northbound lanes of 35E between Maryland Avenue and Little Canada Road to two lanes, and now it has.
It's now two lanes for both southbound and northbound traffic until October. With the new lane closings, the following ramps also are to be closed:
• Maryland Avenue to northbound I-35E
• Northbound I-35E to Roselawn Avenue
• Roselawn Avenue to northbound I-35E
• Northbound I-35E to eastbound and westbound Hwy 36
• Westbound and eastbound Hwy 36 to northbound I-35E
• Northbound I-35E to Little Canada Road
Elsewhere, flooding continues to keep roads closed. The big ones as we have been dealing with all week are Hwy. 101 and Hwy. 41 over the Minnesota River in Chaska and Shakopee. Warner Road along the Mississippi River in St. Paul west of Hwy. 61 also is closed as is the Stillwater Lift Bridge.
I’ll be keeping an eye on the roads and rails this morning, reporting any delays or issues — and I will need your help.
If you see or hear about any congestion, delays or problems, e-mail drive@startribune or tweet @stribdrive.