Tuesday's morning rush hour is shaping up to be a humdinger with snow and ice covered roads all across the metro.
Already at this hour when traffic volumes are light, the State Patrol is dealing six crashes and spinouts on the system. Another handful have cleared within the past few hours.
The best advice is to take it slow and easy and plan on the drive taking lots of extra time.
Here is where we have the wrecks and spinouts:
- Left lane blocked on westbound Crosstown at Xerxes Avenue
- Right lane blocked on westbound 94 at Marion Street
- Right lane blocked on northbound Hwy. 169 just prior to I-494
- Left shoulder blocked on westbound 394 at Louisiana Avenue
- Left lane blocked on eastbound 94 at Lexington Avenue
- Right shoulder blocked on southbound I-35E at Lexington Avenue
Meanwhile, bundle up if you are taking transit. It's cold out there and it does not take long for frostbite to set in.