June was a superlative month for the Twin Cities-area housing market. Both pending and closed sales reached 10-year highs and closings outpacing new listings in some parts of the metro, causing houses to sell faster than ever, according to a monthly report from the Minneapolis Area Association of Realtors. Stay tuned for a complete report at www.startribune.com. In the meantime, here's a quick look at the numbers:
- Signed purchase agreements rose 19.2 percent to 6,266.
- Closed sales increased 22.0 percent to 6,928.
- New listings rose 4.6 percent to 8,678.
- Total number of active listings at the end of the month felll 9.4 percent to 16,597 homes.
- The median sales price climbed 4.7 percent to $229,900, just 3.5 percent shy of the June 2006 record high of $238,000.