Instant replay will be available at the Prep Bowl for the first time this year.
The National Federation of State High School Associations approved Minnesota's replay request on a three-year, experimental basis.
All seven Prep Bowl games, played Nov. 24-25 at U.S. Bank Stadium and televised on Channel 45, will use instant replay. League officials are working on whether technology would support replay for the state semifinals, which are not televised.
Guidelines for replay use were set at the Minnesota State High School League board's August meeting.
Turnovers and scoring plays can be reviewed. Other reviewable instances include plays in the last two minutes of the first half that impact the clock, and other plays in the last two minutes of a game, including whether a player was inbounds and if a pass was caught or intercepted.
David La Vaque
• The Gophers men's hockey team announced TV broadcast information for nearly all of the 2017-18 season. FSN will air 17 regular-season games, including the team's home opener vs. Penn State on Oct. 13. The Big Ten Network will carry eight games, ESPN two and the CBS Sports Network one.
• Michigan State's Sarah Burnham, a senior from Maple Grove, was the Big Ten women's co-golfer of the week. She shot a 6-under 210 for medalist honors at the Mary Fossum Invitational in East Lansing, Mich.
• The Gophers women's golf team tied for 15th in the Coeur d'Alene (Idaho) Collegiate Invitational. Junior Muyu Wu was their top individual, tying for 36th with a 7-over 220.
• Concordia (Moorhead) will induct four into its Athletic Hall of Fame on Saturday. The four are Tory Langemo, 1997 graduate, football; Shana Letnes Erickson, 2001, swimming; Brandi (Myers) Rostad, 2002, basketball, and Jim Cella, former men's and women's soccer coach and current sports information director.
• Leif Carlson and Greg Murphy won the MGA Senior Four-Ball Championship with a 36-hole total of 8-under 136 at Burl Oaks Golf Club in Minnetrista.