A Minnesota spring always comes in fits and starts. For Sunday, the first official day of the season, we share photos from readers who have just a touch of spring fever.
1. Canada geese straddle the seasonal divide on Lake Minnetonka. Photo by Elizabeth Daughton.
2. Snowdrops are an early blooming welcome in the Roseville yard of Chuck Levine.
3. Though they can winter here, robins are still considered a harbinger of spring. Photo by Jerome Gildea of Arlington, Minn.
4. Brave buds push their way to the surface in this photo by Theresa Casey-Wolf in White Bear Lake.
5. Mary S. Johnson captured the ice that formed artistically on puddles in a county road in Aitkin County.
6. For Jana Freiband, the signs of spring were clearly reflected in Minnehaha Creek in Minneapolis.
Are you springing into action? Send high-resolution photos of springtime activities -- from baseball to biking -- to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Include your name and where you took the photos.)