Need space? This penthouse condominium has nearly 12,000 square feet and is the largest condo in the Twin Cities and one of the largest homes in the metro. Its sole owner was Horst Rechelbacher, who died earlier this year. The two-level pad sits atop the Phoenix on the River condo building across the Mississippi River from downtown Minneapolis and has sweeping 270-degree river and skyline views. It's on the market for $8 million, making it one of the most expensive condos in the market. On a per-square-foot basis, however, it's not the most expensive. It's listed at about $700 per square feet. A another riverfront condo owned by the late Sage and John Cowles, former owners of the Star Tribune, recently sold for a record $1,000 per square foot. Here's a run-down on some of the features in the Horst condo:
- Private elevator.
- Three bedrooms, five bathrooms
- Eight private parking spaces.
- Chandeliers so large they wouldn't fit in the elevator and had to be brought into the building with a crane.
- Two master suites; one faces east and the other faces west so you can go to sleep watching the sunset and wake up to the sunrise. Each suite has its own laundry.
- Seven terraces and balconies
- A mud room with laundry and a private dog washing station.
Barry Berg and Chad Larsen of Coldwell Banker Burnet have the listing. (Click here for a slideshow)