With house prices on the rise there were more home sellers than buyers in the Twin Cities metro during July, according to a monthly report from the Minneapolis Area Association of Realtors. Here are the highlights of that report (we're working on a full story for the Wednesday paper):
- There were 5,198 closings, a 9.9 percent decrease.
- The median price of sales last month was $215,000, a 3.4 percent increase.
- There were 8,015 new listings, a 9.8 percent increase.
- Pending sales - an indication of future closings - was down 3.4 percent.
- The supply of houses for sale was up 9.9 percent.