Here is the link to view video streaming of the Gophers-Alaska Anchorage games on your computer this weekend:
Site says you need to use Real Player or download it if you don't have it.
GCI, an Anchorage area cable company is shooting the game. Kurt Haider, the Seawolves play-by-play announcer on KTZB 550-AM, will provide the audio. So he should be pretty knowledgeable about Alaska Anchorage.
But the video feed will be pretty basic, said Dallas Baldwin, the Seawolves' hockey sports information director. Camera angles will be limited, Baldwin said, and she is not sure if replays will be provided.
"It's pretty basic and simple," Baldwin said. At least it is free.
The games will be broadcast on radio locally, too. Wally Shaver and Glen Sonmor will be on WCCO (830-AM) on Friday and KNOF (95.3-FM) on Saturday.
The Gophers beat Alaska Anchorage 5-1 and 4-1 on Oct. 30 and Nov. 1 at Mariucci Arena. Minnesota is 8-2-2 in the last 12 games with the Seawolves, but most of them have been at Mariucci.
Alaska Anchorage's last victory over the Gophers was 4-2 on Nov. 17, 2007 at Mariucci. The Seawolves' last home win over Minnesota was 3-2 on Oct. 16, 2004.
* The Seawolves are 3-7-1 on Fridays, 6-5 on Saturdays. And the best way to beat Alaska Anchorage is to score first. The Seawolves are 3-10-1 when the opponent scores first, 6-4-0 when they score first.
* Alaska Anchorage is 6-0-0 when leading after the first period, 0-10-0 when trailing.
* Jon Olthuis, a 6-4, 200-pound senior, has started the past five games in goal for Alaska Anchorage. He didn't play in the Seawolves' two losses to Minnesota last fall. ... Olthuis is 6-8-1 with a 3.24 goals-against average and a .881 save percentage.
* Alaska Anchorage has seven seniors, seven junior, five sophomores and eight freshmen on a 27-man roster. Four ot them are from Europe, one apiece from the Netherlands, Slovakia, Slovenia and Sweden. ... The one Minnesotan on the roster is freshman defenseman Drew Darwitz. He is from Cottage Grove.
* The Seawolves have been outscored in every period, 32-16 in the first, 28-24 in the second and 25-16 in the third.
* Josh Lunden, a 6-2, 202 pound forward and assistant captain, recently missed 11 games with a shoulder injury. But he played in the second game against Colorado College last weekend and should be in the lineup against the Gophers. He has five goals and two assists in 13 games.
* Luka Vidmar, a junior defenseman from Slovenia, also should be ready for the Gophers. He has missed the past nine games with an undisclosed injury. He has one goal and four assists in 10 games. Vidmar is 6-1, 195.