St. Michael-Albertville prevails
• ST. MICHAEL-ALBERTVILLE 72, ELK RIVER 64: The Knights rallied from a seven point halftime deficit to knock-off the Elks in the Class 4A, Section 8 championship game. Bobbi Brendefur scored 16 points and Sydney Tracy added 13 to help the Knights to their fourth consecutive state tournament berth. Abi Scheid lead the Elks with 17 points.
• NEW PRAGUE 58, HILL-MURRAY 38: Guard Jess Allar scored 18 points to pace the top-seeded Trojans to the Class 3A, Section 4 championship victory. Forward Taylor Hustad added 16 points. Junior forward Sami Schneider led the Pioneers with 18 points.
• MARSHALL 60, HUTCHINSON 50: Marshall, last year's runner-up, earned a return trip to the state tournament behind 24 points from junior forward Marah Mulso in the Class 3A, Section 2 championship game. This is the Tigers' sixth section championship in the past decade. Hutchinson was led by Nicole Schommer's 16 points.
• ORONO 64, DELANO 55: Junior center Meghan Mandel scored 17 points and Rachel Heussner added 15 to lift the Spartans to the Class 3A, Section 5 championship victory. The Spartans will enter their first state tournament since 2001 on a 14-game winning streak.
• MINNEOTA 66, WABASSO 47: The Vikings advanced to their fifth consecutive state tournament with the victory in the Class 1A, Section 3 championship. Taylor Reiss led the Vikings with 28 points. Wabasso junior Morgan Frank scored 25 points and surpassed 1,000 career points in the loss.
• CENTENNIAL 58, WAYZATA 53: Paige Comer's first basket of the game late in the second half gave the Cougars a lead they would hang on to in the Class 4A, Section 5 championship victory.
• ANDOVER 77, BLAINE 56: Senior guard Dionndra Mullins scored 18 points and sophomore Jolene Daninger added 16 to help the Huskies cruise to the Class 4A, Section 7 championship victory. This is the Huskies' first state tournament berth since 2004. Theresa Mbanefo paced the Bengals with 17 points.
• RICHFIELD 76, MINNEAPOLIS WASHBURN 55: The fifth-seeded Trojans upset the No.3-seeded Millers in the Class 3A, Section 6 championship. The Trojans played spoiler in all three of their Section 6 games by defeating higher seeds. The Trojans perviously made the state tournament in 2012 and 2013.
• INTERNATIONAL FALLS 55, RUSH CITY 52: The Broncos edged the Tigers in the Class 2A, Section 7 championship to earn their first state tournament berth since 1990.
• PRINCETON 79, GRAND RAPIDS 70: The Tigers earned their first state tournament appearance with the Class 3A, Section 7 victory.
• KASSON-MANTORVILLE 41, WASECA 24: The KoMets raced out to an 11-0 lead on their way to the Class 3A, Section 1 championship victory. This is the second consecutive state tournament berth for the KoMets.
• THIEF RIVER FALLS 43, ALEXANDRIA 42: The Prowlers squeaked by the Cardinals for the victory in the Class 3A, Section 8 championship game. Macy Hatlestad nearly hit a half-court shot at the buzzer that would have sent the Cardinals to the state tournament.