Good news: First post of the day is out there before 7 a.m.; bad news: next one won't come until about 2 p.m.
So use these talkers wisely ...
1) What will end first: The Minnesota government shutdown or the NFL lockout?
2) NBA teams claim to be bleeding money. The NBA is heading toward possibly missing games for the second time in roughly a dozen years. Is it time to re-evaluate David Stern's run as commissioner?
3) Your best July 4 memory from childhood?
4) Scott Baker: Is he for real, or is he teasing us again? And if he is for real, does it make you any more interested in trading Francisco Liriano to re-stock the talent cupboard at other spots?
5) Will the NHL be able to capitalize on the problems of the NFL and NBA?