We used to do a "Movie Quotes" post every Friday. It was fun, but we kind of got burned out on finding 10 movies every week. That said, we also like the idea of Fridays being a little lighter -- or at least starting out that way. So as we stared at the keyboard pondering what the Vikings might do at QB in 2010 or what Brad Childress' extension means in the grand scheme of things, we had a sudden urge to step out of the sports realm and go a different direction. Thus, a quiz on music lyrics from the 1990s. We will give you lyrics from 10 songs. You will get 1 point for naming the artist, 2 points for correctly naming the song. All of these songs were released between 1990 and 1999. Go!
1) I don't even care. We could have all three, she said.
2) Girl I must warn you. I sense something strange in my mind.
3) An old man turned ninety-eight. He won the lottery and died the next day.
4) We try to hustle them, try to bustle them, try to cuss them. The cops want someone to bust down on Orleans Avenue.
5) Gimme the microphone first so I can bust like a bubble.
6) Hangin' round downtown by myself. And I had so much time to sit and think about myself.
7) Are you dancin' like you're staggering drunk, or are you drinkin' like you're tryin' to dance? Hey soap suds, you know you're way too quick to fall in love.
8) As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I take a look at my life and realize there's nothing left.
9) I'm a cold heartbreaker, fit ta burn, and I'll rip your heart in two.
10) My loneliness is killin' me. I must confess I still believe.
We'll be back a little later with some bonus Stu and other goodness.