North St. Paul wins on Marlowe’s last second play
• NORTH ST.PAUL 51, HENRY SIBLEY 50: Her team down two with 0.3 seconds remaining, North St.Paul’s Amy Marlowe connected on a game-tying shot and was fouled. With overtime on the line, the sophomore drained the free throw for her game-high 14th point and the win for the Polars over the visiting Warriors.
• EASTVIEW 57, LAKEVILLE NORTH 38: Senior Kari Opatz scored 14 points — 13 in the second half — and Brittney Sjulstad added 10 as the Class 4A, No. Lightning (6-0) topped the No. 4 Panthers (3-2). Lakeville North scored the first five points in the second half, but Eastview scored the next 18 and led by 17 with under 11 minutes left.
• BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 74, APPLE VALLEY 59: Bloomington Kennedy trailed by one point at halftime before taking over in the second half. Senior Tonoia Wade scored a team-high 26 and senior Kenisha Bell added 22 as Class 4A, No. 3 Bloomington Kennedy topped Apple Valley. Freshman Lyndsey Robson scored a game-high 32 for Apple Valley.
• WHITE BEAR LAKE 66, STILLWATER 37: White Bear Lake junior Rachel Lauer’s game-high 15 points helped the visiting Class 4A, No. 7 Bears top the Ponies.
No. 1 Apple Valley wins behind Jones’ 30 points • APPLE VALLEY 100, BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 75: Senior Tyus Jones scored 30 points and was 10-for-10 at the free throw line as Class 4A, No. 1 Apple Valley (7-1) defeated Bloomington Kennedy. Sophomores Brock Bertram and Jordan Bolten each added 17 points for Apple Valley.
• BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 70, PRIOR LAKE 55: Senior Tim Larson scored 22 points — 12 from three-point range — to lead the Jaguars over the visiting Lakers. Both teams were held to 24 points in the first half. Jefferson outscored Prior Lake 46-31 in the second half.
• EDEN PRAIRIE 71, CHANHASSEN 59: Four Eagles recorded double-digit point totals and Andre Wallace scored a team-high 18 as the Eagles beat the Storm.
• SPRING LAKE PARK 61, TOTINO GRACE 59: Spring Lake Park senior Eric Curran scored a team-high 20 points and senior T.C. Robinson hit the game-winning shot with 7 seconds left as the Panthers topped the Class 3A, No. 9 Eagles.
• CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 106, MOUNDS VIEW 72: The Raiders jumped out to a 61-36 halftime lead and added another 45 points in the second half. Junior Joe Rosga scored a season-high 31 and three other Raiders scored double-digit points. Ryan Kaczynzski scored a team-high 26 for Mounds View.
Tartan wins in overtime on Nowicki’s goal
• TARTAN 2, SIMLEY 1 (OT): Tartan senior Jamie Nowicki scored just over seven minutes into overtime as the Titans beat visiting Simley. Junior Ellie Tabaka scored the Titans’ first goal of the game in the second period and assisted on Nowicki’s game-winner.
Spring Lake Park’s Kroll scores two in overtime win
• SPRING LAKE PARK 3, OSSEO 2 (OT): Senior Jake Kroll scored two goals — including the game-winner in overtime — to lead the Panthers to a come-from-behind victory over the Orioles. Down 2-1 in the third period, Kroll tied the score with just under three minutes to play and scored 2:24 into overtime.
• EDINA 6, ELK RIVER 3: Edina sophomore Garret Wait scored the go-ahead goal in the second period and senior Miquel Fidler scored two goals as the Class 2A, No. 5 Hornets (6-2) topped the No. 2 Elks (5-2). Elk River took an early 1-0 lead but couldn’t overcome a strong Edina second period in which the Hornets shot 17 times and scored three goals.
• EDEN PRAIRIE 7, GRAND RAPIDS 4: Seniors Steven Spinner and Luc Snuggerud each scored two goals and had two assists to lead the Class 2A, No. 3 Eagles (7-0) over the Thunderhawks (5-3).
• BENILDE-ST MARGARET’S 9, MOORHEAD 1: Senior Spencer Nass recorded a hat trick and senior Nate Meyer scored two goals to lead the Class 2A, No. 9 Red Knights.