• MINNETONKA 1, HOPKINS 0: Rylie McDonnell's goal at 5:17 in the first period provided the lone scoring in a shutout for the Skippers. Darby Flatley assisted on the goal, while teammate Hannah Ehresmann turned aside all nine shots she faced. Erin O'Neil stopped 27 of 28 shots for the Royals.
• SOUTH ST. PAUL 3, HILL-MURRAY 2 (OT): Taylor Cashman's goal at 3:53 of overtime provided the margin of victory for the Packers. Cashman and Laura Wilcox each had a goal and an assist, as did Jac Kaasa for Hill-Murray.
• ELK RIVER-ZIMMERMAN 4, ARMSTRONG-COOPER 2: A three-goal second period was the difference for the Elks. Abbie Canton led the way with two goals and was helped by McKenna Wesloh's two assists in the vjctory. Alyssa Burke and Marissa Odell scored for Armstrong-Cooper.
• CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 2, EAST RIDGE 1: Caitlyn Russel and Jaclyn Phillips each scored, and goalie Emma May turned away 25 of 26 East Ridge shots in the victory. Katelyn Bergloff scored the lone goal for East Ridge.
• NORTH ST. PAUL 2, MAHTOMEDI 0: Jessica Folkerts turned away all 37 shots to shut out the Zephyrs. Teammates Haley Schanks and Lily Langevin each scored.
• HENRY SIBLEY 4, SIMLEY 1: Erin Meyers had two goals and Ashley Linarte added three assists to propel Sibley to the victory. Nicki Sobaski scored the lone goal for Simley.
Star Tribune Recommends
More From Sports
The horde of 20-somethings and teenagers like Chase Elliott, Erik Jones and William Byron poised to take over NASCAR seems to grow larger every week. It might be time to add an older name in Austin Dillon to the "Who's next?" breakout list.
Minnesota State-Mankato is undefeated in the Division II national tournament and needs one more victory to win the title.
Back on the court where he completed his career Grand Slam, Novak Djokovic showed no sign of the crisis of confidence that has affected his game since winning the French Open last year.
The Latest from the French Open (all times local):
The 78-year-old Tamas Ajan has won a fifth term as International Weightlifting Federation president, amid criticism of the sport's record of doping at the Olympics.