• MINNETONKA 1, HOPKINS 0: Rylie McDonnell's goal at 5:17 in the first period provided the lone scoring in a shutout for the Skippers. Darby Flatley assisted on the goal, while teammate Hannah Ehresmann turned aside all nine shots she faced. Erin O'Neil stopped 27 of 28 shots for the Royals.
• SOUTH ST. PAUL 3, HILL-MURRAY 2 (OT): Taylor Cashman's goal at 3:53 of overtime provided the margin of victory for the Packers. Cashman and Laura Wilcox each had a goal and an assist, as did Jac Kaasa for Hill-Murray.
• ELK RIVER-ZIMMERMAN 4, ARMSTRONG-COOPER 2: A three-goal second period was the difference for the Elks. Abbie Canton led the way with two goals and was helped by McKenna Wesloh's two assists in the vjctory. Alyssa Burke and Marissa Odell scored for Armstrong-Cooper.
• CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 2, EAST RIDGE 1: Caitlyn Russel and Jaclyn Phillips each scored, and goalie Emma May turned away 25 of 26 East Ridge shots in the victory. Katelyn Bergloff scored the lone goal for East Ridge.
• NORTH ST. PAUL 2, MAHTOMEDI 0: Jessica Folkerts turned away all 37 shots to shut out the Zephyrs. Teammates Haley Schanks and Lily Langevin each scored.
• HENRY SIBLEY 4, SIMLEY 1: Erin Meyers had two goals and Ashley Linarte added three assists to propel Sibley to the victory. Nicki Sobaski scored the lone goal for Simley.
More from Star Tribune
More From Sports
Dustin Johnson wasn't even expecting to be in the Bahamas for the Hero World Challenge. He was tied for the lead Friday with Hideki Matsuyama, who has reason to expect being at the top of any tournament he plays.
The Vikings coach kept his game face on throughout his troubling eye injury.
The Chicago Cubs have agreed to a one-year deal with left-hander Brian Duensing.
Paul Chryst and James Franklin left the outside world behind Friday.
Phillip Price and Scott Parel shared medalist honors Friday in the PGA Tour Champions qualifying tournament to top the five fully exempt qualifiers.