Wisconsin shocks No. 1 North Dakota
• WISCONSIN 3, NORTH DAKOTA 1: Matt Jurusik made 29 saves and the Badgers handed top-ranked UND its first loss on Friday in Grand Forks, N.D. Corbin McGuire, Luke Kunin and Jedd Soleway scored goals for the Badgers (3-3-3), with Kunin’s one-timer 37 seconds into the second period giving them a 2-1 lead. Luke Johnson’s first-period goal gave UND (6-1-2) a 1-0 lead, but that was all it would get in its first loss under new coach Brad Berry.
• MICHIGAN STATE 5, NEW HAMPSHIRE 0: Jake Hildebrand earned his second shutout in a row and the host Spartans (3-3-1) had a season-high 42 shots on goal in beating the Wildcats (3-3-1).
• PENN STATE 1, NIAGARA 1: Dylan Richards scored a power-play goal with 3:01 to play to help the Nittany Lions (4-2-2) keep the host Purple Eagles (0-5-2) winless.
• NEBRASKA OMAHA 4, MINNESOTA DULUTH 2: Evan Weninger made 45 saves, Austin Ortega had a goal and an assist and the host and eighth-ranked Mavericks (7-2, 1-2) beat the sixth-ranked Bulldogs (3-3-2, 0-1).
• FERRIS STATE 7, MINNESOTA STATE MANKATO 4: Sean O’Rourke scored two goals, including the tiebreaking goal more than 10 minutes into the third period, Gerald Mayhew had a goal and two assists and the host Bulldogs (4-3-2, 3-2) pulled away from the Mavericks (4-5, 4-1).