• APPLE VALLEY 89, BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 77: The Eagles spoiled the Cole Aldrich jersey retirement ceremony, defeating the Jaguars on the strength of 24 points from Tyus Jones. The junior point guard led three Eagles players with at least 20 players, joined by Brock Bertram (21 points) and Dustin Fronk (20). Five Jaguars scored in double figures, with Thomas Gathje leading the way with 14.
• HOPKINS 70, WAYZATA 55: A balanced scoring effort for the Royals included 35 points in each half, and a trio of scorers reached in double figures -- led by Kamali Chambers with 15 in a victory over the Trojans. Zach Robertson led Wayzata with 17 points.
• EDEN PRAIRIE 69, MINNETONKA 63: Grant Shaeffer led the Eagles with 25 points, Jack Cottrell added 12 and Eden Prairie held off the Skippers in Lake Conference play. The Eagles spoiled a 30-point night for Minnetonka guard Riley Dearring.
• HILL-MURRAY 64, NORTH ST. PAUL 50: Eric Weimar had 19 points to lead three Pioneers in double figures in a win over the Polars. The Pioneers took a two-point lead at halftime before taking control of the game in the second half. Tevin Beards scored 12 points and Jon Hjelmgren added 10 for the Polars.
• MAHTOMEDI 78, RICHFIELD 64: Nuni Omot led the way with 25 points as the Zephyrs defeated the Spartans. Zach Lindquist (14) and Jordan Goodmanson (11) were the other Mahtomedi players in double figures. The Spartans were led by Deshawn Jones, who had 24 points.
• HOLY ANGELS 77, FARMINGTON 75: Jordan Dembley's basket with seven seconds remaining carried the Stars past the Tigers. Holy Angels withstood a furious rally, as Farmington erased a 10-point deficit. Dembley finished with 12 points for the Stars, who were paced by Delshon Strickland's game-high 32 points. Darren Beenken led Farmington with 20 points.
From Around the Web
More from Star Tribune
More from Sports
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues today:___SURGING TIMGiants starter Tim Lincecum (5-2, 2.56) looks to continue his strong start this season…
The next player facing Novak Djokovic as he seeks to win the French Open for the first time is an opponent he's never played before.
Derek Norris hit a grand slam with two outs in the bottom of the ninth to lift the San Diego Padres to a 6-2 victory over Pittsburgh on Friday night, snapping the Pirates' season-high seven-game winning streak.
A look back at Friday night's game at Target Field.
Casey Fien was activated Friday, though he understands his setup role in front of closer Glen Perkins belongs to Blaine Boyer, at least for the moment.