If you've been hoarding grocery sacks full of your bank statements, credit card statements and other personal info until you have time to fire up the shredder, wait no longer. M& I Banks in five suburban location will have a Shred-It truck in the parking lot from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 21. Each family is limited to two bags or boxes. The paper will be shredded while you wait, so there's no concern about identity thieves lurking nearby to steal your personal info as you drive off.
• Woodbury: 9935 Hudson Place • 651-702-7320
• Bloomington: 9320 Ensign Ave S • 952-698-5560
• Burnsville: 14201 Grand Ave S • 952-898-8021
• Plymouth: 3245 Vicksburg Ln N • 763-383-9830
• Roseville: 1780 Hwy 36 • 651-288-6300.
Part of me wants to just show up to watch the shredding. It makes me feel as if I'm 8 years old again, watching the city pulverize tree branches in their mulching trucks.