Three observations …
• Players routinely complain about playing on Thursdays. And, frankly, they make a good point that the league is more concerned about making money than player safety when it comes to Thursday games. But with all this complaining, you’d think the home team would be dominating on Thursdays. Not exactly. The Chargers’ upset in Denver this week gave the road teams a 7-10 record this season.
• Chargers receiver Keenan Allen caught only two balls Thursday night, but he no doubt shot to the front of the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year race because both catches were highlight-reel touchdowns. Allen leads all rookie receivers with seven touchdowns.
• Robert Griffin III will be fine once again when he’s paired with a coach who isn’t at a point in his career where he’s just plain sick and tired of coaching football and dealing with the media.
Two predictions …
• Talk about messing up your draft status. Once 0-8, the Jacksonville Jaguars are about to beat the Buffalo Bills for their fourth consecutive victory and fifth in six games.
• New England will win at Miami because, well, the Patriots are the only team that consistently does what it’s supposed to do. At least in the regular season.