Kirk Cousins has continually said, since signing a record-setting deal with the Vikings fully guaranteeing him $84 million, that he'll take expectations one day at a time.
In Cousins' case, imagining the full scope of expectations could be daunting. The Vikings' Super Bowl window is open now with a young, reigning No. 1 defense nearly returning in full and the final, evasive piece, Cousins, in place. So begins our list of Vikings who need to live up to their 2018 salaries.
1. Quarterback Kirk Cousins; Cap number: $24,000,000; 2018 salary rank (QBs): Sixth.
2. Linebacker Anthony Barr; Cap number: $12,306,000; 2018 salary rank (4-3 OLBs): First.
3. Left tackle Riley Reiff; Cap number: $11,400,000; 2018 salary rank (LTs): Eighth.
4. Defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson; Cap number: $8,000,000; 2018 salary rank (DTs): 17th.
5. Tight end Kyle Rudolph; Cap number: $7,675,000; 2018 salary rank (TEs): Sixth.