A Brooklyn Park man who was not supposed to have a gun is facing five charges in connection with a drive-by shooting during rush hour on Interstate 94 in Minneapolis.
Donquarious Grant, 24, is accused of pulling aside a vehicle on March 12 near W. Broadway and shooting at the four people inside, according to a criminal complaint filed Wednesday in Hennepin County District Court. Three people were injured.
Grant was charged with four counts of drive-by shooting and one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm. He was prohibited from possessing a firearm stemming from a 2009 robbery conviction as a juvenile, and he has been charged twice and convicted once as an adult for illegally possessing a firearm, court records show.
Grant was driving west on I-94 around 5 p.m. when shots rang out. The driver of the other vehicle pulled into a restaurant parking lot. Police found six bullet holes on the passenger side panel. The driver had a gunshot wound to his hand. A passenger in the front seat was shot twice and a third passenger in the back seat was shot once. The fourth person in the car was not hurt, the complaint said.
Grant was arrested in May after a two-month investigation found that he and the victims had been associated with the same street gang but that they had become enemies when the gang split, the complaint said. Grant remains in the Hennepin County jail awaiting a court date in mid-July.