Five Big Ten story lines
1. Michigan State arguably has the best team and player in college basketball. Miles Bridges returns to school to give Tom Izzo a legit chance to win first NCAA title since 2000.
2. Big Ten moves to a 20-game conference schedule for men’s hoops and 18 for women in 2018-19. In-state rivalries are protected and regional rivalries can take place more frequently.
3. Big Ten will do an 80-20 split on holding the Big Ten tournament in the Midwest vs. on the East Coast after playing at Madison Square Garden this season.
4. Three teams — Minnesota, Purdue and Northwestern — are perceived as Big Ten contenders. Which one of them will give conference favorite Michigan State the biggest challenge?
5. The three new coaches in the Big Ten this year are Indiana’s Archie Miller, Ohio State’s Chris Holtmann and Illinois’ Brad Underwood.