Vikings linebacker Erin Henderson said in a text message early Tuesday morning that he planned on visiting Winter Park and he did just that shortly after 10 a.m.

Henderson joined other players around the league who returned to their team's facilities after U.S. District Judge Susan Nelson granted a temporary injunction blocking the NFL lockout. Players are allowed at the facilities while the NFL seeks a stay on the lockout until the appeals process is complete.

There were reports around the league that players were allowed in the buildings but could not use the workout facility. Speaking briefly with reporters outside Winter Park, Erin Henderson said he didn't intend to work out but only use the cold tub for recovery and to gather some things from his locker.

“I don't know what (the team is) going to say or not going to say," Henderson said. "I hope I'm not crossing any lines or making anybody upset. That's not what I'm here to do or try to do at all in any way, shape or form. If it does cause a rift then I'll take care of that later. But I'm just here trying to come to work like anybody else."

Henderson said the situation is "not weird to me at all."

"If [reporters] all weren't out here I would have already been in there talking and doing the regular thing I usually do," he said. "So it's not that weird to me. Hopefully it's not that weird once I get inside."

UPDATE: Henderson didn't stay long. He left the facility after about 35 minutes and said he didn't use the cold tub. As of now, Henderson said he was not allowed to use the equipment yet and wasn't sure if he would try to return on Wednesday.

"They have a couple more rules and regulations they are trying to figure out before they start letting people actually train and workout," he said. "I just have to wait a little bit longer until they get everything sorted out."

Henderson did not appear upset about how he was treated inside the facility.


Older Post

Monitoring at rainy Winter Park

Newer Post

Vikings operating as 'status quo'