Proposals before the Legislature would expand gambling beyond the state's 18 tribal casinos.
• Racino: Would allow slot machines at Canterbury Park racetrack and Running Aces harness track. The Shakopee band that operates Mystic Lake Casino near Canterbury says it may respond by serving liquor.
• Electronic pulltabs: Would allow bars and restaurants to offer electronic pulltabs, a change that tribes have not actively challenged.
• Block E: Would authorize the creation of what could be the state's first non-tribal casino, in downtown Minneapolis' Block E development.
OTHER PROPOSALS INCLUDE:
• Slot machines at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport.
• Requiring tribes to split casino profits with the state.
• Allowing bets on professional or college sports.