Dead malls. We’ve got a few (six of them according to DeadMalls.com).
It’s an incomplete list, but here’s what DeadMalls.com has archived:
- Apache Plaza: St Anthony Village (Minneapolis), MN
- Demolished / Current: Wal-Mart
- Apache Plaza Tribute site
- Brookdale Mall: Brooklyn Center, MN
- The Conservatory: Minneapolis, MN
- Bandana Square: St Paul, MN
- Still standing / Current: Office & medical building
- It has little retail, but appears to work well as an office building. In fact, if you’re looking for office space, there might be some available.
- Knollwood Mall: St Louis Park, MN
- Still standing / Current: On Life Support
- From the Minnesota Historical Society
- Westridge Mall: Fergus Falls, MN
- I have no idea and can’t find any information on it. If there is anyone in Fergus Falls reading this, I’d love to hear about it.
You may also enjoy:
More from Nathaniel Hood
How to respond when someone says "OMG! There is NO parking!"
For cyclists living in St. Paul, Snelling Avenue is an inevitable monster. At some point, you'll need to brave the seemingly endless hordes of fast-moving traffic.
The addition of craft beer is a good start, but Davanni's won't be able to drink themselves out of the suburbs.
If only things were simple. The problem with infrastructure funding can be boiled down to the bad example given by a Strib Opinion piece.
You might look ridiculous, but it’s better than being dead or having driver’s to slow down or designing our streets and places for people.