The time is here and people are probably lining up as I type this. Here is some info for those of you planning to attend the festivities this weekend:
- Gates will open at 11 am on Saturday. There will be 1,500 wristbands given out this year on a first come, first serve basis which will allow you to purchase up to 6 bottles of Darkness PLUS 1 bottle of Barrel Aged Darkness. Be mindful of your allotted purchasing time. If you miss your time, you’ll be able to purchase bottles with any group until 2:30 pm.
- Bottle purchases will not happen inside of the brewery this year. Instead there will be a location set up near 48th and Drew. If and only if there are bottles left, you will be able to purchase more at 3 pm.
- The Barrel Aged version has been sitting in High West Rye Whiskey Barrels for a few months and will sport a fancy gold wax job. This will also go out to all of Surly’s markets starting in December.
- The beer list looks fantastic this year with a number of interesting additions including one called Furious Black. The list also includes Darkness, Todd The Axe Man, Damien, Dumpster Fire, Hopshifter IPA, Devil’s Work, and Surly Pils which is a good bet if you’re planning to drive. There will also be a number of cask beers worth lining up for—one of which is the collaboration with Mikkeller called Brett Mikkels. This version was dry hopped in the cask with Blanc, Melon, and Mandarina hops.
- Food trucks include Chef Shack, Natedogs, Brava Food Truck, Groveland Confections, Gastro Truck, Stanley’s, Surly Bites, and Tollefson Family Grill Food Truck.
The music lineup looks like this:
11:00 am till 11:45 am is God Came From Space
12:15 pm till 1 pm Witchden
1:30 pm till 2:15 pm Dumpster Juice
2:45 pm till 3:45 pm Bloodiest
4:15 pm till 5:15 pm Pelican