What we learned from the portion of today's practice that was open to the media ...
- Tight end Kyle Rudolph has passed his concussion tests and was back in uniform for practice.
- Cornerback Chris Cook has not passed his concussion tests and was not back in uniform for practice. Both he and Rudolph were hurt in Friday night's preseason game against Buffalo.
- Defensive end Everson Griffen was not present. We'll get an update on him after practice.
- Tight end John Carlson (knee) still isn't practicing. He was working off to the side with athletic trainers, but still doesn't appear to be moving that well.
- Linebacker Solomon Elimimian, who injured his hamstring on Friday, isn't practicing.
- Defensive tackle Letroy Guion, who missed Friday's game because of a knee injury, was back in pads and practicing.
More from Star Tribune
More from Access Vikings
Team opens at St. Louis on Oct. 13; home opener is two days later against Winnipeg.
The Vikings have the 23rd overall pick in the April draft.
Coach Zimmer remains convinced Bridgewater will start against the Raiders
The Vikings have mentioned in their pregame literature that fans will be directed to Williams, Mariucci or Ridder Arenas in case a storm disrupts the game at TCF Bank Stadium.
Vikings open preseason against the Raiders at TCF Bank Stadium.
Recommended For You
E.J. DIONNE, JR.
Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton should be fact-checked and challenged, and let the chips fall as they may
Derek Falvey, 33, will replace Terry Ryan, who was fired in July.
It takes a certain sort of magic for a presidential debate to shift a race, it seems, some weird alchemy combining ingredients like viewership and mistakes and perceptions and medium. It's almost never about policy.
Some recall a lost virtue of political civility. Others on how an unlikely friendship blossomed.
The Vikings might have dodged another blow threatening to keep an already-shuffled offensive line together. Left guard Alex Boone, who left Sunday's win in Carolina…