• Since Simley moved down from Class 3A in 2008, the Spartans have won all five Class 2A team championships. The defending champs will be shooting for their 10th overall title.
• Simley has the most individual qualifiers with 11. Kasson-Mantorville and Foley each have nine.
• Perham is makings its 20th overall appearance.
• All three state wrestlers who have committed to the University of Minnesota are in the Class 2A field: Kasson-Mantorville's Nate Thomas and Simley's Jake Short and Nick Wanzek.
• The best match of the Friday's first day of individual competition could come at 132 pounds, where two defending champions -- Brady Berge of Kasson-Mantorville (106) and Kyle Gliva of Simley (113) -- likely will meet in the quarterfinals.
• All eyes will be trained on the 195-pound final Saturday if the expected matchup between Lance Benick of Totino-Grace and Broc Berge of Kasson-Mantorville comes to pass. Both are defending state champs and are ranked among the top 10 nationally by InterMat - Berge is No. 6, Benick is No. 10.
113: Abbot Aho, Fergus Falls, 39-0, and Skyler Petrie, WEM/JWP, 37-0
132: Kyle Opsahl, Pine City/Hinckley-Finlayson, 33-0
152: Jake Short, Simley, 41-0
160: Garth Ochsendorf, Dawson-Boyd/LQPV, 10-0
170: Nick Wanzek, Simley, 41-0, and Codie LaFramboise, Mora, 32-0
182: Jamison Evans, Grand Rapids, 36-0
220: J.D. Struxness, Dawson-Boyd/LQPV, 7-0
Hwy: Brandon Schmitt, Dawson-Boyd/LQPV, 24-0, and Sam Stoll, Kasson-Mantorville, 42-0