The Metrodome is under demolition, meaning the Gophers baseball team won't play a home game until the weather warms just a bit more. Right now that's scheduled to be March 26 against St. John's (Minn.). Until then the Gophers will be:
• Playing 19 consecutive road games, beginning Friday against Northern Illinois in Glendale, Ariz.
• Playing in six different states — on the road six consecutive weekends.
• Flying more than 13,000 miles.
• Playing in all four continental U.S. time zones in the first five weeks of the season.
• Spending 22 nights away from home in first six weeks.
• Will be on the road 10 of 14 regular-season weekends.
The good news is, they won't be:
• Playing anyone currently ranked nationally until May (Florida State and Indiana). February and March nonconference opponents Coastal Carolina and Sacramento State received votes in some polls.