Last year's free-agent class was more glamorous with Albert Pujols, Prince Fielder and Jose Reyes, but here are some of the most interesting names on this year's market:
1. Josh Hamilton (OF, Rangers): He's a superstar, but with his addiction history and second-half fade, it's buyer beware.
2. Zack Greinke (RHP, Angels): The only true ace on the market, he has proven he can thrive in either league.
3. A.J. Pierzynski (C, White Sox): He will be 36 in December but hit 28 home runs last year in a well-timed career season.
4. Torii Hunter (OF, Angels): It seems inevitable he would end up with the Yankees someday, and this could be the time.
5. Nick Swisher (OF, Yankees): Has thrived for years, except in October. His departure could clear the way for Hunter.