THE ZACH PARISE FILE
Age: 28 (July 28, 1984)
Size: 5-11, 195 pounds
Position: Left wing
• Father is J.P. Parise, who played for the North Stars. J.P. moved the family when Zach was entering sixth grade, from Bloomington to Faribault -- home of noted hockey prep school Shattuck-St. Mary's, where Zach starred as a youth.
• Played two seasons at North Dakota, leading the nation in freshman scoring his first season with 61 points. Was a finalist for the Hobey Baker Award in both of his seasons at UND.
• Married in July to Alisha Woods.
As a pro
• Drafted 17th overall in 2003 by New Jersey and made debut with the Devils in 2005.
• Has scored at least 30 goals in five of the past six seasons, including a career-high 45 goals and 94 points in 2008-09.
• Had 15 points in 24 playoff games for the Devils this past season, helping New Jersey reach the Stanley Cup Final before losing to L.A.
• In seven seasons, he has averaged .82 points per game and ranks fourth in Devils history with 194 goals; ninth with 410 points; tied for fifth with 51 power-play goals; fourth with 37 winning goals and fifth with 1,699 shots.
• Helped the United States win a gold medal at the 2002 Under-18 World Championships and 2004 World Junior (Under-20) Championships.
• Helped the U.S. Olympic team win silver in the 2010 Vancouver Games. Scored the tying goal with 24.4 seconds left in regulation to force overtime in the gold-medal game against Canada.