MIXED RESULTS IN TOP 10
Here are the 23 offensive tackles taken in the top 10 over the past 20 NFL drafts, with their original team's record in parentheses. Only four posted winning records during their stays with the teams that drafted them.
No. 8 by Atlanta in 1992
• Played 12 years for the Falcons (82-109-1), starting all 16 games in nine of those seasons. He lasted 15 years in the NFL, playing 220 career games.
No. 10 by Seattle in 1992
• Played 127 games with 116 starts. After four seasons in Seattle (22-42), he played his final five years for the Lions.
No. 8 by New Orleans in 1993
• Hall of Famer had 13 seasons in the league, reaching the Pro Bowl 11 times. After nine years in New Orleans (57-87), he finished in Kansas City.
No. 2 by Jacksonville in 1995
• Played 91 games over seven seasons for the Jaguars (62-50) and was an All-Pro from 1997 to '99.
No. 10 by Cincinnati in 1996
• Was sturdy for 13 seasons, the first 12 with the Bengals (76-116). He played 195 career games and started 184 of them. Four-time Pro Bowler.
No. 1 by St. Louis in 1997
• After 12 seasons with the Rams (92-100), finished his career with a one-season stint in Chicago. He made 165 starts in his 169 career games and made the Pro Bowl from 1999 to 2005.
No. 6 by Seattle in 1997
• Played his entire 12-year career with the Seahawks (102-90) and started 180 games. Made nine Pro Bowls.
No. 3 by Washington in 2000
• Lasted 10 years and played in 141 games for the 'Skins (70-90). He made the Pro Bowl six times.
No. 4 by Buffalo in 2002
• Had four years with the Bills (28-36), then one season each in Jacksonville and Washington.
No. 7 by the Vikings in 2002
• In nine years with the Vikings (74-70), made 131 starts and was selected to 2009 Pro Bowl. Released last summer, played all 16 games in 2011 for the Ravens.
No. 10 by Cincinnati in 2002
• Seven seasons with the Bengals (48-63-1) and finished his career in 2009 with the Redskins.
No. 8 by Carolina in 2003
• Has 135 starts in his nine seasons for the Panthers (72-72), with two Pro Bowls.
No. 2 by Oakland in 2004
• Played his first seven seasons in Oakland (33-79) before last year in Seattle.
No. 4 by the N.Y. Jets in 2006
• Hasn't missed a start in six seasons with the Jets (51-45) and made the Pro Bowl the past three seasons.
No. 3 by Cleveland in 2007
• Hasn't missed a start in five seasons with the Browns (28-52) and made the Pro Bowl all five seasons. All-Pro for the past three.
No. 5 by Arizona in 2007
• Has played in 77 games and hasn't missed a start over the past four seasons for Arizona (40-40).
No. 1 by Miami in 2008
• Has played in and started 62 of Miami's 64 games over the past four seasons (31-33), all of them Pro Bowl seasons.
No. 2 by St. Louis in 2009
• Hampered by injuries and inconsistent play. Played 29 games with 26 starts in his first three seasons with the Rams (10-38).
No. 6 by Cincinnati in 2009
• Started 19 times and played in 27 games in his first three seasons for the Bengals (23-25).
No. 8 by Jacksonville in 2009
• Played 45 games and started 42 during his first three seasons for the Jaguars (23-28).
No. 4 by Washington in 2010
• Played in 24 games and started 23 during his first two seasons (11-21).
No. 6 by Seattle in 2010
• Has 22 starts in his first two seasons with the Seahawks (14-18).
No. 9 by Dallas in 2011
• Started all 16 games as a rookie last season for the Cowboys (8-8).