individual honors for the big two
Rachel Banham and Amanda Zahui B. have been putting up big numbers all season, and Sunday was no different:
Banham wins scoring title
• Scored 27 points to lock up the Big Ten scoring title. She averaged 23.3 points in 16 league games to beat out Penn State's Maggie Lucas (21.8). That's the highest mark in the conference since Penn State's Kelly Mazzante averaged 25.1 in 2002. Before Banham, the last Gopher to win a league scoring title was Carol Ann Shudlick in 1993.
• Broke the school's single-season record for three-pointers made with 76, breaking Katie Ohm's mark of 74 from the 2008-09 season.
Zahui wins rebounding title
• Grabbed 18 rebounds to lock up the Big Ten rebounding title at 11.5 per game.
• Recorded her 14th double-double of the season, tops in the conference. Her 15.4 scoring average was tops for a Big Ten freshman.
• Blocked one shot, bringing her season total to 83, an ongoing school record.