New rules for defending the player with the ball; the following will result in a foul:
• Placing and keeping a hand or forearm on an opponent.
• Putting two hands on an opponent.
• Continually jabbing by placing a hand or forearm on an opponent.
• Using an arm bar to impede the progress of the dribbler.
A change regarding the block/charge play:
• A defender must be in legal guarding positions when an opponent begins upward movement to pass or shoot (rather than be in legal guarding position at the moment of action).