BIG TEN POWER POLL
1. Michigan (1-0): The Wolverines looked the best of any Big Ten team in Week 1. Bring on the Irish.
2. Ohio State (1-0): Braxton Miller’s Heisman campaign started with leg cramps and a pick six against Buffalo.
3. Wisconsin (1-0): Another gimme this week (Tennessee Tech) before a Week 3 test at Arizona State.
4. Northwestern (1-0): Took care of business at Cal; Cain Colter expected back from his concussion this week.
5. Nebraska (1-0): New year, new defensive issues. If Wyoming can do that, what about UCLA in Week 3?
6. Michigan State (1-0): Two older quarterbacks have struggled; maybe it’s redshirt freshman Tyler O’Connor’s turn.
7. Penn State (1-0): Christian Hackenberg thrived in his debut, but the running game sputtered against Syracuse.
8. Gophers (1-0): They did what they had to do against UNLV and must do the same at New Mexico State.
9. Indiana (1-0): Scored 72 points against Indiana State after scoring 24 vs. the Sycamores last year.
10. Iowa (0-1): After tough loss to Northern Illinois, Iowa should end seven-game skid against Missouri State.
11. Illinois (1-0): Nathan Scheelhaase had a great game, but the defense had trouble against Southern Illinois.
12. Purdue (0-1): Rough debut for new coach Darrell Hazell against Cincinnati, which faces Illinois next.