BIG TEN POWER RANKINGS
1. Wisconsin: The Badgers are back at the top, making this the flip-floppiest season ever. But after a four-game win streak that included Michigan State at home and Michigan on the road it's hard to deny.
2. Michigan: Credit the Wolverines for consistency. They've dropped three, but all three are understandable. It's hard to get this deep into the season without a bad loss.
3. Michigan State: It feels like it's been a while since the Spartans have won a truly meaningful game (since they were at Iowa nearly a month ago).
4. Ohio State: Suddenly the top has gotten a lot more interesting, with Wisconsin and the Buckeyes perking back up.
5. Iowa: Losses to each of the above teams keeps the Hawkeyes from ranking higher.
6. Nebraska: OK, a winning record in late April with two victories over ranked teams: Who had it? Bueller? Bueller? Tim Miles, color me impressed.
7. Minnesota: That home loss to Illinois has the Gophers barely clinging to the bubble.
8. Northwestern: This is a bad time for a four-game losing streak.
9. Purdue: The Boilermakers haven't turned blips of optimism into real success.
10. Indiana: Insert joke about the program crumbling here, after a piece of Assembly Hall fell this week.
11. Penn State: The Nittany Lions have been a factor in the Big Ten's unpredictability.
12. Illinois: The Illini won at Minnesota, but they're still in the basement.