BIG TEN POWER RANKINGS
1. Michigan: The Wolverines are the only Big Ten team that hasn't lost at home in conference play.
2. Michigan State: The Spartans haven't lost to a team outside the top 50 all year.
3. Iowa: Beating Michigan at home was the victory the Hawkeyes needed to prove they belong with the top dogs.
4. Ohio State: What a strange year for the Buckeyes. A 15-0 start, 1-4 stretch, and now a resurgence with road victories at Wisconsin and Iowa. Capping it with a loss to Michigan is nothing to be ashamed of.
5. Wisconsin: The Badgers, having achieved an elusive victory over Michigan State, also seem to be turning a corner.
6. Nebraska: Tim Miles wanted to prove us all wrong for voting the Cornhuskers last in the league, and he is.
7. Indiana: The middle is still muddled, but the Hoosiers get the nod with their victories over Michigan and Wisconsin.
8. Northwestern: The Wildcats are still finding that consistency, but Chris Collins has worked wonders.
9. Penn State: Playing better than expected, though one of its two losses in the past six games came to lowly Illinois.
10. Minnesota: The Gophers have dropped four of five and are sitting firmly on the NCAA tournament bubble.
11. Purdue: The Boilermakers haven't yet shown the ability to compete with better-than-average teams.
12. Illinois: Everyone seems to be getting victories in this league, and when your squad has lost nine of 10, that's not good.