BIG TEN POWER RANKINGS
1. Ohio State (1-0): Bowling Green is a good MAC team, 28-15 since 2013, and the Buckeyes still rolled 77-10.
2. Michigan (1-0): The Wolverines held serve, overwhelming Hawaii 63-3, mostly on the ground.
3. Wisconsin (1-0): LSU fans with pitchforks should keep in mind: UW led the nation in scoring defense last year.
4. Iowa (1-0): The Hawkeyes beat Miami (Ohio) by 24 points but gave up over 400 yards on defense.
5. Michigan State (1-0): The offense struggled against Furman, but QB Tyler O’Connor was 13-for-18 with three TDs.
6. Nebraska (1-0): The Cornhuskers do tributes so well, and none better than last week’s for punter Sam Foltz.
7. Penn State (1-0): One promising stat from Kent State game: The Nittany Lions surrendered only one sack.
8. Gophers (1-0): Meanwhile, Minnesota didn’t allow any sacks in its seven-point victory over Oregon State.
9. Indiana (1-0): Long-suffering Hoosiers defense had two pick-sixes and held FIU to 63 yards rushing.
10. Illinois (1-0): North Carolina’s visit will tell Lovie Smith more about his team than rout of Murray State.
11. Northwestern (0-1): Loss to Western Michigan was as stunning as last year’s season-opening win over Stanford.
12. Maryland (1-0): The Terps rushed for 315 yards in blowout win over Howard in D.J. Durkin’s coaching debut.
13. Purdue (1-0): Sophomore Markell Jones rushed for 145 yards in the opening win over Eastern Kentucky.
14. Rutgers (0-1): Washington is a top-10 team. Playing there was a tough draw for Chris Ash’s coaching debut.